If you're following along with the 2016 Scripture Memory / Dwell Richly printable, here's the verse for week 3:
"The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth. He never grows weak or weary. No one can measure the depths of his understanding. He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless." Isaiah 40:28-29 (NLT)
We have made it to the third trimester!! I can't believe Mia Kai will be here in less than three months. Ahh!! We have a lot to do before she arrives, but we thought it'd be fun to share the inspiration for her nursery with y'all today. Lots of floral, delicate colors and soft accents... it's actually developing differently than I originally expected, but I think it will be perfect for her. :)
1. Flora in Peach I by Yao Cheng // From the first time I saw this piece, I knew it would be perfect as a staple for Mia Kai's nursery. Yao's exquisite florals are peaceful, organic and soothing. (Hopefully Mia Kai will think so, as well!) Side note: Even though I have a few designs for sale with Minted, this print and the Mrs. Deer print are the first orders I've placed with Minted. I cannot say enough great things about the company! The packaging was perfect when it arrived and I immediately felt inspired as soon as I opened it. It's an absolute joy to work with such a talented community of designers and artists!
2. Mrs. Deer by Natalie Groves // I didn't want to go rustic or woodland for the nursery but this print has a delicate sweetness to it that I can't resist. The artist, Natalie, is seriously one of the most talented artists I've ever (virtually) met. Like Yao, she is also a featured artist on Minted - there's no doubt why! The Lord has recently woven our paths together and it's an honor to call her a friend. I can't wait to tell Mia Kai the story behind this lovely piece!
3. Realistic Potted Cactus Print by Taylor Town // These potted cacti, y'all. I just can't handle the cuteness! Taylor Town has the loveliest prints but I'm especially drawn to these amazing little flashcards. This is definitely on the list of future purchases for our kids!
4. Dutailier® Ultramotion Contemporary Nexus Glider and Ottoman in Cloud from Buy Buy Baby // I'll be totally honest with you here... we have yet to actually sit, rock, recline in this glider. Basically, we had a 'fiasco day' at Babies 'R' Us when we went to pick up the crib. While we were waiting for the guys to load the crib in our car, I checked out the gliders in the store. I found one I loved. It had a tall seat back so that JD could recline in as well and it was super comfy. The store assistant gave me a book to choose the finishes and fabric for our "custom glider." I picked three top favorites, went to order and... they only had one style available out of the 50+ offered in the book (the fabric and finish were not remotely close to the style of the nursery). So I went online, stalked the Dutailier retailers, compared the dimensions to the one we saw in store and landed on this one at Buy Buy Baby. It should be arriving soon so we'll post a review after we have it set up and wear it in a little. We're basically trusting that Dutailier makes fantastic furniture... and it looks pretty, so that always helps. :)
5. Fallen Fronds Lamp from Anthropologie // Isn't the lamp gorgeous? Reminder: this is merely an inspiration board. Our nursery budget will most likely not allow for a pricey lampshade from Anthro, but I'd love to find something similar to it. I'm particularly fond of the frond pattern.
6. Simmons Kids Kingsley 4-in-1 Convertible Crib in Chestnut // Oh, this crib. The rich color, beautiful headboard style and the ease of the 4-in-1 convertibility is what appealed to us most. We plan on using it for future kiddos to enjoy as their crib so we love that it's gender-neutral. The downside of it? Place of purchase. We purchased it on the Babies 'R' Us website; called to make accommodations to pick it up; went to pick it up and found that they had already sold the crib we purchased. Not cool, Babies 'R' Us. JD planned on putting it together in between our trips but the new one wouldn't arrive in time for that to happen. So we'll be (fingers-crossed) picking up the crib in February... when the new one finally comes in. One of the warehouse guys was super nice about it and promised to take care of the new one for us. Wish us luck!
7. Potted Succulents // What is an organic-style nursery without a couple of potted succulents?
8. Vanilla Pines Color Palette // The wall color is Sherwin Williams Alabaster, a creamy white. Thanks to Yao and Natalie's art pieces, we decided to go with the peach, gray and olive as accent colors. Did you notice that it's also the same color palette from A Fresh Beginning pattern? I'm hoping to toss in a throw pillow with that fabric!
We have much more work to do on the nursery before it's complete but we'll keep you updated! Be sure to follow us on Instagram for the most recent updates!