- Spray expansion foam around pluming openings under the sinks in the kitchen and bathrooms
- Glaze single pane windows around the panes and caulk all windows at the edges to prevent air and moisture from coming in
- Ensure all of the doors leading to the outside of the home are actual exterior doors and not interior doors
- Exterior doors should be sealed on the sides, top, and bottom to prevent air and moisture from coming in (jamb-up weatherstripping and thresholds with vinyl bulbs are recommended for sealing existing doors)
- Attic access doors and pull down stairs should be insulated and weatherstripped if located within conditioned areas
- Make sure your HVAC system is serviced annually if more than ten years old, and on a two to three year basis for systems less than then years oldMaintenance should always include cleaning the coils and an inspection of the condensate drain and overflow system.
- Check for places where air may be penetrating your house and either caulk the openings or add a foam seal where you find the problemThis may include exterior / interior wall receptacles, outside walls at floor, wiring openings, fireplace damper, and / or light fixtures.
They work as house parents for the Baptist Children's Village in Mississippi. Yeah. It's a pretty intense job, to say the least. But they're perfect for it because God has stirred their hearts and carried them through. It's been awesome to hear about the ways Christ has worked in them and through them to love on these kids who possibly haven't received much love from their real parents.
We were so thankful to have Brandon and Theresa stay with us for a few days. Brandon and JD always have the best time together (they were roommates in college), and Theresa and I immediately became best friends when we met for the first time. It is such a blessing to call Theresa, not my sister-in-law, but my sister. The same goes for JD and Brandon. We couldn't be more thankful for our families and the wonderful adventures we get to go on together!!
We want to hear about your town! If your family came to visit you, where would you take them to visit if they don't live close by?