On Friday, February 4th, 2011, COFFEE-MATE® is saluting its entire roster of flavors, and the people who love them with FREE FLAVOR FRIDAY! A special celebration filled with free product giveaways on Coffee-mate.com and on Facebook, FREE FLAVOR FRIDAY is an opportunity to savor your favorite flavor or try a new one for FREE!
Prep Time: 45 Minutes Start to Finish: 1 Hour 10 Minutes
Servings: 40 appetizers
2 cups finely shredded Swiss cheese (8 oz)
11/2 cups chopped cooked ham (8 oz)
1/4 cup sliced green onions
2 tablespoons honey mustard
2 cans (12 oz each) Pillsbury® Golden Layers® refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon sesame seed or poppy seed
2 tablespoons diced red and green bell pepper, if desired
1 green onion fan, if desired
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix cheese, ham, onions and mustard.
2. Separate 1 can of dough into 10 biscuits; leave second can in refrigerator. Separate each biscuit into 2 layers. Press each biscuit layer to form 31/2-inch round.
3. Place 1 rounded tablespoon cheese mixture on each dough round. Wrap dough around cheese mixture, pinching edges to seal. Repeat with
remaining can of dough and cheese mixture.
4. Arrange 8 balls, seam side down and sides almost touching, to form ring on cookie sheet, leaving 3-inch hole in center. Arrange 14 balls, sides almost touching, around outside of first ring. Arrange remaining 18 balls around outside of second ring. Brush wreath with beaten egg. Sprinkle with sesame seed.
5. Bake at 18 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully slide wreath from cookie sheet onto 14-inch serving platter. Sprinkle with bell pepper.
Place onion fan in center of wreath. Serve warm.
Recipe by Our Best Bites
1/3 C pumpkin, canned or homemade
1/4 - 1/2 C milk
1/4 t vanilla
1/2 t cinnamon
1/16 t cloves (just use a 1/8 t measure and fill it half way, or do a pinch)
1/16 t nutmeg
2 T brown sugar
2 C vanilla ice cream
1-2 graham crackers
Pop everything but graham crackers in a blender. Start with 1/4 C milk and then slowly add more if needed to make the blender process it all. I used somewhere between 1/4-1/2 C.
A Family Recipe... I think.
1 Pastry (Pillsbury Pie Crust)
How crazy has this winter storm been?! JD made it out of the driveway for the first time this morning in Papa's 4-wheel drive truck but Silver Flash still has about 2 inches of ice layered on her windshield. I have yet to get out of our sweet bungalow. However, these four days have given us a lot of time to examine the pure beauty surrounding our home, eat, work on videos, be creative, coupon clip and CLEAN!! :) What have you done throughout this week to prevent cabin fever?
Here's a video of our icy snow-covered bungalow:
Snowed in at the Bungalow from Whitney Todd on Vimeo.
Music: February Air by Lights & Battle Royale by Does It Offend You, Yeah?